Meet the Laffertys! BJ, Diane, Mallory and fur-kid Ellie Mae.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"I need more pictures of Mallory"

The title of this post is often demanded of me. My life, however, often calls for anything and everything but a blogging allowance. Some people (like Kali), can manage to do everything - full time grad. student in a health profession, works two jobs, takes care of a 3 year old with accompanying medical issues. I, however, lean the opposite direction. I have managed to force myself into school again and am happy to have done so. However, I can only squeeze out enough time for one class. Work from that one class seems to consume all available blogging time.

So, sorry for the lack of elaboration, but here is a synopsis of Mallory's ever growing repertoire of tricks and talks.

Of late, Mally girl says "No," "up/down," "I want that," "more," "Mallame," or "Mamme," and we have noticed many other words as she increasingly repeats what we say. We have noticed, in a garbled way, "I know," "green bean," "bath," and other common phrases we say that I can't remember right now.

She chooses to say "No" at the funniest times. Sometimes in opposition to what we know she really wants - like when she is leaning over and saying "down" while being held and we ask "do you want to get down?" To which she replies, "No." Other times she gets it right - like when I asked "Mallory, did a rabbit poop in your diaper? It looks like it." to which she replied, "No." Bingo!

I love how she twirls until she is dizzy and stumbling around like a drunk. I love how she runs into the kitchen squeeling with delight when it is food time, then plops down and patiently waits. I think she learned this at school. They said she goes to the fridge when she wants her milk and sits in front of it (because they say "sit down if you want your milk!"). She is such a smarty pants.

She is sweet all the time and we love her so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment