Meet the Laffertys! BJ, Diane, Mallory and fur-kid Ellie Mae.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back!

"Back!" That's what Mallory says when she wants something back or when she runs away and wants me to say, "Mallory, come back!"

After a brief hiatus, we're back!

I'll summarize with pictures...

July 4th was the lake and friends coming to our house. Mallory even jumped off the back of the boat! She is crazed about the water.





The next weekend we (us and Kali and Dennis) took the kids to Wild River Country. They loved it! There was one small slide that we could ride with them, and both Mallory and Parker really liked it! It was a successful trip.

We've swam a lot this summer, and Mallory even loves to jump off the diving board. Really, whose toddler (not even 2 yet) is in love witht he diving board. I feel like the lifeguards think I'm trying to drown her. I promise, she loves it and is becoming a good little swimmer.


Our big trip this summer was sans Mallory. BJ and I went to NYC for a week and my parents stayed at our house with Mallory. We had a great time visiting landmarks, cathedrals, big crazy stores, eating, walking around in the heat, etc.


When we came home, Mallory's verbal skills had exploded. She is putting three or more words together and completing words that she used to abbreviate. I am no longer "Momma," I'm "Mommy." "Blank" and "monk" are "blankey" and "monkey." She says phrases like, "juice, I get it!" (runs to fridge) or "boo boo, knee, Dora" (acknowledging the Dora bandaid on her knee.)


Such a big kid. Such a fun summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment